httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Krist van Besien" <krist.vanbes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Prefetch
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 16:01:00 GMT
On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 4:21 PM,  <EJMcLeod@petersonmachineryco.com> wrote:
> That is what a pre load does on a web page. My suggestion is since the
>  dynamics fo a mobile page are built into the funtions of the regular web
>  page you should have the designer set a preload for the images at the
>  begining of the page. Which means the images are there just waiting for
>  somebody to click the link on the page.

This I know. It will however not work for most mobile phone browsers I
have to deal with (many don't even understand html). So what I need is
something eiter as part of apache, or sitting between my apache server
and the backend, that does prefetch in a similar way that a modern
browser would. I don't need a concrete solution. If a module for
apache exists that will do this I will be quite able to find out how
it works if someone point me in the right direction. Same if we are
talking a separate product here. I've done some searches using google,
but came up empty unfortunately. That's why I just asked this here,
since there are so many webmasters here.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
krist@vanbesien.org