httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Krist van Besien" <krist.vanbes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Missing proxy prefix
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2008 11:12:28 GMT
On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 3:52 AM, Andy Andy <kingdom2dominion@hotmail.com> wrote:

> here's what I have in the httpd.conf.  The url I used was
> http://apachemachine.com/r/rbs/RBSWebMgr.  rbs/RBSWebMgr is the application
> sitting on the weblogic machine. When the application appears, all the links
> inside the html page are missing the /r in it so that they are just
> http://apachemachine.com/rbs/RBSWebMgr.  Do you have any idea?
>
> LoadModule weblogic_module modules/mod_wl_22.so
>
> <IfModule mod_weblogic.c>
> WebLogicCluster machinename:14059
> MatchExpression *.*
> </IfModule>
>
> ProxyPass /r http://machinename:14059
> ProxyPassReverse /r http://machinename:14059

mod_proxy doesn't change any content, so the links your application
produces are normally not touched. Aparently your application produces
absolute links that are only valid on the weblogic machine itself.

The solutions are:
- Change the configuration of your web application so that it only
produces relative links. This is the best solution for any application
sitting behind a proxy.
- Use mod_proxy_html to filter the response and rewrite the URLs. See
http://apache.webthing.com/mod_proxy_html/. This will be a bit more
work.

Krist

--