httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Yavor Trapkov" <yavor.trap...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Loadbalancing/stickysession/Source_IP
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2008 08:30:15 GMT
Hello,

I'm using mod_proxy balancer, and I need to redirect all requests coming
from a user to the same backend server.
Our application does not setup cookies and in this sense does not rely on
sessions in order to work with requests sent from webclients that reject
cookies.
I set up my own session variable which I use for stickysession=SrvID, and
roite=srv1,2,.. it seems to work, but I still need to cover cases if/when
the webclient
does not use cookies.
My question is, how can I configure mod_proxy balancer to also use the
source IP address to stick to a particular backend server, without using
cookies.

Many thanks