httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Behind Proxy Trailing Slash Issue
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 22:13:28 GMT

On 4 Mar 2008, at 20:53, Christopher Bianchi wrote:

> How do I prevent Apache from affixing the port into the URL
> redirect? Does
> Apache need to know that it's running behind a reverse proxy?

The proxy should be in charge of this.  If the proxy were Apache, we
could
tell you how ( http://www.apachetutor.org/admin/reverseproxies ).  I
believe
squid can fix headers, but I haven't heard of it having the
capability to
filter contents.

On Apache, you could use mod_headers (Header edit) to fixup outgoing
headers.  You'll need mod_headers from 2.2 to do that, but AFAIK it's
source-compatible with 2.0.

--
Nick Kew