httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ch Praveena" <ps050...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Jboss 4.2 clustering..
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 08:16:09 GMT
Hi,

    Let me document the work i ve done so far in achieving Jboss clustering.

1. I ve downloaded and run the Jboss 4.2.2.GA server s/w, insatlled ,
configured by changing the portnumber to 9999.
2. I have run a simple war file and could view the o/p with the url :
http://localhost:9999/sample/hello.jsp
3. For clustering the have followed the specified documentation suggested by
Jboss, as:
    i) Downloaded httpd-2.0.63 from  http://httpd.apache.org/   and have set
the home directory.
   ii) Downloaded  mod_jk binaries from
http://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/linux/jk-1.2.26/x86_64/
       (I was running in Fedora 8 environment.)
   iii)  modified the file to mod_jk.so and saved under APACHE_HOME/modules/
   iv) Implemented the lines : Modify APACHE_HOME/conf/httpd.conf and add a
single line at the end of the file:
  # Include mod_jk's specific configuration file
  Include conf/mod-jk.conf
v) Next, created a new file named APACHE_HOME/conf/mod-jk.conf:
vi) Created the workers.properties file and updated the host address..
vii) Added uriworkermap.propertied file too..

Finally, when i am starting the servers apache, jboss, both are running
well, but when tested with the url : http://localhost/sample/hello.jsp
is giving 404 error..

please update me the modifications to be done more..