httpd-users mailing list archives

From isto...@gmail.com
Subject [users@httpd] Can't modify LoadModule line for PHP
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2008 20:17:37 GMT
Hello all,

A summary:
Modifying httpd.conf to try to point "LoadModule php5_module" to point to
anywhere but the original location results in Apache not being able to start
again.

And the history...
I'm a recent Mac convert running OS X 10.5.2 (aka Leopard), with it's
pre-bundled Apache 2.2 and PHP 5.2.4.  In an attempt to get GD library
working, I installed two additional copies of PHP (and one additional copy
of Apache due to a lack of understanding about how Macports works).  When I
attempt to change the LoadModule line to point from the original
"libexec/apache2/libphp5.so" to a different libphp5.so file, Apache log
files show the following error when I attempt to restart it "caught SIGTERM,
shutting down".  This error also occurred prior to the second Apache
installation.

I'd like to know a) what causes this error since it seems to be a
straightforward change everywhere else I've looked, and b) how I can verify
that the second Apache install isn't running.  I've already determined that
the second Apache and the "Web sharing" in System Preferences are unrelated.

When the server does run, I've recently begun receiving a "[warn] module
php5_module is already loaded, skipping" error twice, despite the LoadModule
line only being listed once.

It's highly frustrating and I'd appreciate any help.