httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sascha Kersken ...@lingoworld.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] LoadModule directive
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 11:56:24 GMT
Hey,

> Hi,
> Thanks !!

never mind :).

> I wrote myapp.so. Are you asking to change the implementation of
> myapp.so in such a way so that it reads some instruction in virtual host
> directive and take action upon. i.e
>
> I have following module in global part of httpd.conf
>
> LoadModule my_module "C:\Program Files\Apple/bin/MyApp.so"
>
> And I have fowwing two virtual host block (name based configuration)
>
> <VirtualHost *:100>
>    DocumentRoot "C:/vhost1"
>    ServerName apple1.sun.com
> </VirtualHost>
> #
> # VirtualHost example:
> # Almost any Apache directive may go into a VirtualHost container.
> # The first VirtualHost section is used for requests without a known
> # server name.
> #
>
> <VirtualHost *:100>
>      DocumentRoot "C:/vhost"
>      ServerName apple2.sun.com
> 	my_module on
> </VirtualHost>
> With above configuration I want every request
> http://apple2.sun.com/anything,html to be redirected to back-end while
> http://apple1.sun.com/anything.html should be given access directly.
>
> Do I need to read "my_module on" and act upon ? I am not sure how to use
> "MyModulesFunction on"-style direcive you pointed in last email ? Please
> explain? It would be great if you have any example :-)

Yes, all your conclusions are right.
Feel free to read the following (English) tutorial I wrote for my
(German) Apache textbook:

http://buecher.lingoworld.de/apache2/mod_daytime_en.html

In this tutorial, I explain how to write a module for the TCP daytime
service; it reads a Virtual-Host-based configuration directive with on
and off (or simply absent) values.

Regards
Sascha