httpd-users mailing list archives

From Davide Bianchi <dav...@onlyforfun.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2 as a static server (without PHP) to serve images
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 09:56:57 GMT
thomas Armstrong wrote:
> I was told that Apache 2.2 allows to create a secondary process which
> doesn't use PHP to serve images or static files without installing a
> secondary Apcache webserver or lighttpd.

Sure, make a copy of the httpd.conf file, remove everything that refers
PHP (the LoadModule basically), then run a secondary Apache using that
config file. You'll have to use a different port of course and redirect
images and the like to the secondary apache.

But... why?

Davide

--
Ever noticed how fast Windows runs?  Neither did I!