httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sascha Kersken ...@lingoworld.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] LoadModule directive
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2008 09:49:39 GMT
Hey,

>  hi,
> Where do I do module specific settings ? Actually myapp.so(in example
> below) is a filter which redirects request to other custm build
> application. I would like to redirect all the request of
> RuntimeTest1.apple.com to custom application while other virtual host
> ,configured name based virtual host , RuntimeTest2.apple.com should work
> normally i.e. should not be redirected to my custom app.
>
> \Vinay

If this myapp.so is a module you wrote yourself, you need to add a VHost
scope directive to switch the module's functionality on/off per Virtual
Host (most likely, the default would be that the module does nothing at
all and works only if it finds a "MyModulesFunction on"-style direcive).
If it's a third-party module you downloaded somewhere, refer to its
documentation.

One more side note: In your configuration, you load the module using

*LoadModule setenvif_module modules/myapp.so*

But setenvif_module is the official name of an Apache standard module,
so you should definitely use another module name.

Regards
Sascha