httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Space <marksp...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Is Apache caching files in htdocs?
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2008 19:57:31 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> In a word, UAC (user access control).
>
> Either turn off UAC in the users applet, or use a cmd.exe shell that you

Good point.  I think UAC is going away.  I like running with
protections, but that cache-and-don't-tell maneuver was really B.S.  Why
not just issue a write error if I don't have permission to change a
file?  The mind truly boogles.

I have enough virus scanners and firewalls and script blockers and
whatnot on my development machine that I feel ok about it.  I can't
remember one time that UAC has actually warned about something that I
really didn't want to run.  I'm sure the virus scanner will pick up
anything that slips through the cracks.

Thanks for the info.