httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Space <marksp...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Is Apache caching files in htdocs?
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2008 18:42:10 GMT
Hi folks.

I'm a brand new Apache user with a brand new 2.2.6 install on Windows.
I found my config file, and I figured out that the document root is
htdocs.  I tested by typing "localhost" into the browser and I got back
a simple document that seems to be the same one as htdocs/index.html. So
far so good.

So I did a quick test, I edited index.html, saved it and hit
shift-reload on the browser. I got the original document, not the one I
had edited.  Which made me go all pop-eyed.  After looking around the
Apache web-site and my install, I can't figure it out.

Is there perhaps some caching?  Where should I look for that?  Is there
a way I can slap the server to make it flush its cache?  Something else
maybe?

Thanks for any help you can provide.