httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Neil A. Hillard" <neil.hill...@agustawestland.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] www.xx.com opens but xx.com doesnt
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 13:56:35 GMT
James,

James Carter wrote:
> After doing a little more investigating, the Red Hat
> test page is actually loading up from the DNS server,
> not my actual web server.  I guess I need to tell my
> dns server to point to the web server if it is an
> actual web page request.

Your web requests don't need to hit your DNS server.  Just remove the A
record for .211 from xx.com.

Please also include the (relevant part of the) previous thread of this
problem in so others can see the context of your problem.

HTH,

				Neil.

--
Neil Hillard                    neil.hillard@agustawestland.com
AgustaWestland                  http://www.whl.co.uk/

Disclaimer: This message does not necessarily reflect the
             views of Westland Helicopters Ltd.