httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lloyd Parkes <Lloyd.Par...@ird.govt.nz>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.8 on Solaris 10 (libgcc_s.so problems after compiling)
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 21:05:12 GMT
Greg W. Smith wrote:
>        libgcc_s.so.1 =>         (file not found)
>        libgcc_s.so.1 =>         (file not found)
>        libgcc_s.so.1 =>         /usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.so.1

libgcc is sometimes found.

> Here are my compile options:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-so --enable-ssl
> --with-ssl=/usr/local LD_OPTIONS='-L/usr/local/lib'
> This occurs without setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH (I prefer not to take that
> route). Although, I could edit envvars to include /usr/loca/lib and
> everything works fine.  Has anyone else run into this problem?  Just a
> guess but things changed quite drastically in Solaris 2.10.

I've seen this before on Solaris when shared libraries that need libgcc were not
compiled with the correct library search path. The main application can find
libgcc just fine, but the shared libraries don't inherit the applications
library path.

I've also noticed that you have LD_OPTIONS='-L/usr/local/lib'. I would use
LD_OPTIONS='-L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib' to ensure that the runtime
library path is set correctly.

Cheers
--
Lloyd Parkes