httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ben Schonle <...@amigos24.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Cannot access "localhost"
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 19:38:29 GMT
Hi,

thx @Joshua for the quick answer.

In fact the error msg about the qualified domain contained 127.0.1.1 and
not 127.0.0.1

///
Setting up apache2-mpm-worker (2.2.4-3ubuntu0.1) ...
 * Starting web server
apache2

apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified
domain name, using 127.0.1.1 for ServerName
///

Following Joshuas advice I checked the httpd.conf and also the ports.conf.

The httpd.conf is empty - about this I had researched already and read
that it is supposed to be empty due to the new apache2.conf file??? The
ports.conf contains:

//////////
Listen 80

<IfModule mod_ssl.c>