httpd-users mailing list archives

From Maciej Cencora <m.cenc...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Scoreboard fills up with G state entries
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2008 15:48:39 GMT
Hi,

I'm having problems with my apache 2.2.3 server (I use prefork mpm) on
Ubuntu 7.04.
Basically when I do graceful restart scoreboard isn't cleaned properly.
After doing a graceful restart a lot of entries have G state, and that
state stays forever. I've tried attaching gdb to one of the process in G
state, but all those processes doesn't exist any longer. I'm doing
graceful restart every night to rotate logs, and scoreboard fills up
slowly. After few days I get denial of service, because all slots are
occupied by non existing G state processes.
All those wrong entries have 127.0.0.1 client, my primary domain vhost,
and GET / HTTP/1.0 request in server-status.
Is it a bug, or maybe I've misconfigured something? How can I debug it?
I thought that maybe children segfault during graceful restart, but
nothing shows up in /tmp after setting CoreDumpDirectory and ulimit.

Regards,
Maciej Cencora