httpd-users mailing list archives

From Abhijit Bhatnagar <abhina...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] bogus requests
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 12:57:26 GMT
The first thing that I check in the index.php is the action and if it is not what I am expecting
then I redirect to an error page
This is working fine and the error page also opens up fine, but the load on the server increases
as well as on the apache server.

Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@fantomas.sk> wrote: On 19.03.08 05:31, Abhijit Bhatnagar
wrote:
> Recently our website started receiving a lot of requests which have
> another url inside the original request.

> http://somedomain.com/index.php?action=http://someotherdomain.com
>
> I don't know how but it was somehow causing heavy load on the apache server.
> Our Apache server version is 2.0.43 built : Aug  1 2006 09:25:45

This is not apache problem. Try such request to see what happens. The
index.php is probably buggy and does what it shouldn't do.

Linux is like a teepee: no Windows, no Gates and an apache inside...