httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Christopher Bianchi" <ch...@tactek.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache Behind Proxy Trailing Slash Issue
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 20:53:49 GMT
Hi, folks.

I'm new to the list, but I've been working with Apache for some years and
have been through most configurations and upgrades.

I'm running into a specific problem right now and need some guidance.

As you know, trailing slashes are required for directories and when it is
omitted from a request, Apache performs a redirect to include the trailing
slash. This is fine and I understand the necessity.

The problem is that I have Apache (2.0.63) running behind a firewall on
port 8080. Squid (2.6b18) is the proxy running on port 80.

When Apache receives a directory request without a trailing slash, its
redirect includes its running port (e.g. http://myserver/dir is redirected
to http://myserver:8080/dir/). 8080 is user inaccessible and the redirect
fails.

How do I prevent Apache from affixing the port into the URL redirect? Does
Apache need to know that it's running behind a reverse proxy?

Thank you!
Chris