httpd-users mailing list archives

From <oh...@cox.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Problems building on Redhat (openssl conflict)
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to build an SSL-enabled Apache 2.2.8 on a Redhat 4 system, but am running into
a problem.

The problem is that for some reason, there is already an older (0.9.7a-43.16) version of openssl
on the machine, but no openssl-devel RPM was installed.

So, I figured I'd build the latest openssl (0.9.8g) in /apps/openssl, and then build Apache
pointing it to /apps/openssl for the openssl.

The build completed, but I'm getting SEGFAULTs when I try to access HTTPS urls.

I don't think that I can remove the older openssl RPM, because it looks like there are already
a number of dependencies on it.

So, I was wondering, what is the best approach to getting the Apache build done?

Thanks in advance,
Jim