httpd-users mailing list archives

From <oh...@cox.net>
Subject [users@httpd] How to set openssl library path during Apache build (on Redhat)?
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Hi,

Previously, I've built various versions of Apache with SSL support (using openssl) on some
Solaris machines, but we're moving to Redhat.

In our case, management wants openssl to go into /apps/openssl and Apache into /apps/httpd.

Doing the openssl and Apache (2.2.4) builds (configure, then gmake/gmake install) was fine,
but I found that after completing the build, when I try to start Apache (e.g., ./apachectl
startssl), it's saying that it can't find the openssl .SO file.

I can get around this by setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /apps/openssl/lib before running apachectl,
but this is a bit annoying, so I was wondering if there's a command line parameter that I
can set when I do the Apache configure so that the built binaries can be run without setting
the LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

Thanks in advance!

Jim