httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nilesh Govindrajan <ad...@itech7.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] What is apache compiled with now?
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 16:18:19 GMT
The build directory when httpd / apache is installed using packages in
Fedora is /usr/lib/httpd/build.

Find the location of the modules directory. Go to the next top-level
directory up to modules; i.e. if your modules directory
is /usr/lib/httpd/modules ; then you should find the build directory
in /usr/lib/httpd/build (according to Fedora).

Alternatively you could use the find tool to get the build directory.

find / -name *build*

It will return all the build directories present on your system.

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 10:55:01 -0500
"Jay Why" <justcallmejay@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmmm... I'm using Ubuntu Linux. Where would I find the build
> directory?
>
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 10:51 AM, Joshua Slive <joshua@slive.ca>
> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 11:46 AM, Jay Why <justcallmejay@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > I need to recompile Apache coz I need to add one or two thing.
> > > However,
> > how
> > > I find out what flags apache is currently compiled with so I can
> > > get the headers for those modules/tools and recompile those as
> > > well?
> >
> > If you are using a recent version, look in the build/ directory of
> > the install for the file config.nice, which will contain the exact
> > command line that you need.
> >
> > Joshua.

Nilesh G
India Technologies Administrator