httpd-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Aleksandersen <aleksandersen+apache....@runbox.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Content negotiation and the Vary header
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 05:28:00 GMT
Hi list,

Just a quick question regarding the HTTP/1.1 Vary header and content
negotiation. Must the Vary header contain all “content variables” that
affects the content negotiation?

For example, say that I have a resource at /location which a user requsts
in Norwegian Bokmål and html. The user would get /location.html.nb
acompanied by a Vary header containing «negotiation accept-language
accept-type». But is the last bit really nessesary for a resource that is
only available in one format?

Another question regarding that header… What are the different parameters
for it? I have not been able to figure out from reading—meaning skimming
trough—the RFCs.
--
Daniel Aleksandersen – http://www.opensource-notebook.com/