httpd-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Aleksandersen <aleksandersen+apache....@runbox.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Costume 406 in PHP with available variants
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 15:30:17 GMT
Hi,

Apache’s default 406 Not Acceptable error page is somewhat…unfriendly to
the users. Especially in my case because I am creating a page for elderly
people in Norway, and an error showing “advanced computer‐English” is not
something I want to serve them.

What I want is to get the list of ‘available variants’ that Apache serves
the users (below) in PHP. Preferably in an Array so I can rewrite it to
be more user friendly instead of just a technical file list. The default
Apache 406 page is setup something like this:

“406 Not Acceptable
Available variants:
index.en.html, type text/html, language en
index.nb.html, type text/html, language nb”

Can the same be achieved in PHP?
--
Daniel’s linux blog – http://www.opensource-notebook.com/