httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Eric Covener" <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Where to place rewrite rules?
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2008 15:04:08 GMT
On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 8:46 AM, Sam Carleton
<scarleton@miltonstreet.com> wrote:
> Eric,
>
>  When I do the following, the rewrite rules don't seem to work.  Where
>  should I be placing the rewrite rules and what settings should I have
>  for AllowOverride to stop it from looking for the .htaccess?

RewriteRules need to be in the proper virtual host, AllowOverride none
prevents apache from looking for .htaccess files

When you pull your rules out of Directory/htaccess,  the URL you're
testing against changes (the per-directory component hasn't been
stripped out -- now it always starts with a slash)

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com