httpd-users mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to set environment variable from RewriteMap? (was Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite E flag does not set env. variable)
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 11:29:15 GMT
On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 09:04 +0100, Krist van Besien wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 8:37 AM, Thorsten Scherler
> <thorsten.scherler.ext@juntadeandalucia.es> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 14:01 +0100, Krist van Besien wrote:
>
> >  > If you want to save that information during request processing you can
> >  > use an environment variable, just like you did. If you want to save
> >  > information from one request to another you need another mechanism.
> >
> >  Which mechanism would you suggest?
>
> Two mechanisms are common for persistence across requests: Cookies,
> and query parameters.

I played around with your suggestions and I am nearly there.

# 1.)
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/boletines/2008/1(.*)

# 2.)
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/${portadaboja:boletin}

One is working fine but it is hardcoded (I did it to test). The 2) is
not working because it seems that ${portadaboja:boletin} is not resolved
if used on the "right" site.

To overcome that problem I took your suggestion and combined it like:
RewriteCond ${portadaboja:boletin}      ^(.+)$
RewriteCond  %{REQUEST_URI} /%1

but that is never got hit.

What I actually trying is to compare the REQUEST_URI with the map entry.
Is this possible and I am just not using it the right way?

salu2