httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Carl Carpenter" <ccarpen...@hillcountry.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Powerpoint slideshows are gibberish
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 20:42:37 GMT
I just brought up an Apache2 webserver on Fedora Core 6.  Copied the content
from my old Apache 1.3 server and thought it was working fine.  Then someone
clicked on a PowerPoint slideshow file (.pps) and received a screen full of
gibberish instead of the option to open the file in PowerPoint.  Can anyone
tell me why and how to fix it?  I've verified the file--it's fine.  If I
point the browser to a .ppt file, it prompts for an application or to save.
But not the .pps.  I have gone through the conf file but don't see anything
closely related.  Have made only minor changes to default config file.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Carl Carpenter
IT Manager
Hill Country Community MHMR Center