httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jan Mura" <jan.m...@volny.cz>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] IP sharing by several web servers and computers
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 07:18:01 GMT
Hello Christian,

well you understood the problem correctly. Thank you, I'll find something
about load balancer.
The detailed description of the situation is I have a Linux and Windows
boxes with their Apache running. And they are behind some modem/router which
obtained the adress. The Lin and Win boxes their selves have adresses of
type 10.0.0...
So I put into httpd.conf the 10.0.0 firstly and the Apache started. Now  I
put into Win Apache the adress of the router 90.177.103.168 and it started
but I think it cannot run together with the same adress and port. It is
quite clear.
Thanks once more

Jan Mura
----- Original Message -----
From: <christian.folini@post.ch>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 7:51 AM
Subject: AW: [users@httpd] IP sharing by several web servers and computers

Hey Jan,

If I got your question correctly, then you want to have multiple servers
with
an apache on each of them and they allshare a single IP address?

Well, that does not work.

What does work is setting a loadbalancer with the single IP address in front
of them
and then distribute the load towards the servers, each of them turning under
a different IP address.

Round robin DNS in an alternative to this setup.

Regs,

Christian