httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Narendra Verma" <narendra.ve...@impetus.co.in>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] How to know the status of backend server(worker) running in loadbalancing environment (With mod_proxy_loadbalancer)
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 14:47:34 GMT
Hi Serge Dubrouski

First of all thanks a lot for giving idea about it.
Can you please tell me more about that how load balancer-manager shows that
how many times this or that balancer member was elected and how many request
any worker is currently serving.

Narendra

-----Original Message-----
From: Serge Dubrouski [mailto:sergeyfd@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 7:59 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] How to know the status of backend server(worker)
running in loadbalancing environment (With mod_proxy_loadbalancer)

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 7:12 AM, Narendra Verma
<narendra.verma@impetus.co.in> wrote:
> Thanks for replying,
>  I configured it earlier 'balancer-manager'
>  But it does not give complete info related what I want exactly.
>  Means I want currently which server (worker) has how much load?
>
>  Any suggestions are welcome.
>  Narendra

That depends on you definition of "load". load-balancer shows you how
many times this or that balancer member was elected, that gives you a
number of requests processed by each member. If you need to know CPU
load, or traffic load then you need to use other tools, perhaps SNMP
monitors.
--
Serge Dubrouski.