httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_proxy question
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 20:51:52 GMT
On Feb 11, 2008 3:12 PM, Ekkehard 'Ekki' Gehm <gehm@physik.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> Maybe someone can help me with this issue. We do have a strange setup of
> different webservers here, and I want to have the main one proxying the
> content of the otherone exept of a few dirs.
> So my setup is:

> ProxyPass /pcpool !
> ProxyPass / http://www.physics.tu-berlin.de/
>
> That all works fine. But when i add a line
> ProxyPass   ^/~([^/]+)/?(.*) !
>
> It won't serve the userdirs locally. Could someone tell me how to leave
> the public_html files untouched by the Proxy Module? I also tried it
> with Rewrite Rules....

You can't use a regex in ProxyPass. You can do it with mod_rewrite or
you can do it with ProxyPassMatch, assuming you are using 2.2.5 or
later.

Of course, the regex you have written is almost exactly equivalent to
ProxyPass /~ !
So just using that would be the simplest solution.

Remember that exceptions need to be written BEFORE the main ProxyPass
directives.