httpd-users mailing list archives

From solprovi...@apache.org
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Do NOT add a slash at the end of the directory path.
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 08:14:31 GMT
On 2/6/08, Lloyd Parkes <Lloyd.Parkes@ird.govt.nz> wrote:
> Why?
>
>  We've all seen this comment for ServerRoot, but does anyone know why it's there?
>  What bad things will happen if I put a slash at the end of my ServerRoot?
>
>  The documentation for ServerRoot doesn't say anything about this. Google finds
>  nothing obvious.
>
>  I would give it a go to test things out, but I only have access to large
>  government web servers, so maybe not.
>  Lloyd Parkes

Input validation is typically handled with something like:
if(ServerRoot ends with slash) ServerRoot = ServerRootWithFinalSlashRemoved;

Reading the code using the web svn, I found checks to verify that
ServerRoot exists and is a directory in core.c.  I have yet to find
where the config file is read so the validation could happen before
core.c (maybe in http_config.c?)  I need the code local to read it
properly so I am adding CDT to Eclipse.  I'll post again if someone
more familiar with the code does not.

solprovider