httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nils Jeppe <n...@pandemonium.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_deflate's problems
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 07:22:29 GMT

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, Nils Jeppe wrote:

> You do realize that, at least according to the documentation, you can control
> that behaviour? I somehow doubt that this is a bug, as it would affect a
> whole lot of people, but of course everything is possible. Please post the
> relevant part of your Apache configuration.

Post scriptum: If I understand correctly, the Vary: header controls the
proxy's behaviour, rather than the client's, so this may actually be a
problem with your proxy software delivering the wrong version of the file.

Still... ie6sp2 isn't exactly uncommon, so one would assume this would be
detected.