httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dan_Mit...@ymp.gov
Subject Re: [users@httpd] HTTPD won't start. Fails with error message.
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 23:42:52 GMT
How about the output from:

netstat -na | grep LISTEN

How many "Listen" commands do you have in your httpd.conf ?

Please respond to users@httpd.apache.org

To:     users@httpd.apache.org
cc:      (bcc: Dan Mitton/YD/RWDOE)
Subject:        Re: [users@httpd] HTTPD won't start.  Fails with error
message.
LSN: Not Relevant
User Filed as: Not a Record

Connect to address 127.0.0.1 Connection refused.

"Lose not thy airspeed lest the ground rises up and smites thee." - Anon.

Richard de Vries wrote:
> It appears something else is already listening on port 80 and as such
Apache is unable to bind to that port.