httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Cocker" <paul.coc...@tntpost.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Redirect failing
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 09:27:37 GMT
We have two domains, the "old" domain was being used for people to
connect to Outlook Web Access. Users were provided with an address which
then redirected them to another address, which was a listener on a
Windows ISA 2004 box. We are setting this up to work for our "new"
domain, but for some reason it isn't working.

The old redirect read:

<VirtualHost *:80>
     ServerName webmail.domain1.co.uk
     Redirect 301 / https://web-mail.domain1.co.uk/exchange
</VirtualHost>

The new redirect reads:

<VirtualHost *:80>
     ServerName webmail.domain2.co.uk
     Redirect 301 / https://web-mail.domain2.co.uk/exchange
</VirtualHost>

Yet it doesn't work. I've run a test via the site
http://www.seologic.com/webmaster-tools/url-redirect.php and it
registered the ServerName as generating a 301 redirect, and I can also
connect to the redirect address if I enter it directly. Pinging the
ServerName results in the correct IP address being returned to me.

I am at a loss as to why this isn't working.

Paul Cocker

TNT Post is the trading name for TNT Post UK Ltd (company number: 04417047), TNT Post (Doordrop
Media) Ltd (00613278), TNT Post Scotland Ltd (05695897),TNT Post North Ltd (05701709) and
TNT Post South West Ltd (05983401). Emma's Diary and Lifecycle are trading names for Lifecycle
Marketing (Mother and Baby) Ltd (02556692). All companies are registered in England and Wales;
registered address: 1 Globeside Business Park, Fieldhouse Lane, Marlow, Buckinghamshire, SL7
1HY.