httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Todd, David" <dt...@irobot.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] What's the best place to look when you get no answer?
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 20:31:21 GMT
On 2008Feb13 13:18 , "Nick Kew" <nick@webthing.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 13:08:53 -0500
> "Todd, David" <dtodd@irobot.com> wrote:
>
>> My question is about the Location directive, and the ordering of
>> them, with respect to Require directives and authorization.
>
> I've no idea what your question was.  But if it got no answer,
> there's a strong chance it didn't make sense in the first place.
Okay, let me restate it:

If you have nested Locations: /foo/* and /foo/bar/*, and you need to have
different htgroups controlling them, what configuration allows you to have
the group permissions for /foo/bar/* override those for /foo/*? In other
words, I want general access for /foo/*, except for certain directories
which must have tighter access controls.

My experience has been that of the ordering is to define the Location for
/foo/*, then the Location for /foo/bar/*, then no access is given to
/foo/bar/* at all.

If the two are reversed, then it's as if the /foo/bar/* directive isn't
there.