httpd-users mailing list archives

From franck quinard <frann...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Dynamic configuration of Apache as a Load-balancer of a Tomcat farm using mod_jk
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 04:16:40 GMT
Hello,

I have an Apache HTTP Server Load-balancing 10 tomcat instances, everything runs fine.

But I have to constantly stop and start Tomcat instances on different machines (via a script)
for different reasons. I would like to know if there is a way to
write a client that would tell Apache HTTP Server that a new worker is available or an other
one is down so Apache HTTP Server can load balance the request accordingly.

I'm using tomcat 5.5, Apache HTTP Server 2.2 and mod_jk

MTIA

Frannack

Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your HotmailĀ®-get your "fix".