httpd-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Tamer Embaby <Tamer.Emb...@itworx.com>
Subject RE: RE: [users@httpd] Compiling Apache 2.2.8 under HP-UX 11i v2
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 16:00:18 GMT
All,

OK, I managed to get it working.
Libtool that Apache 2.2.8 uses is version: 1.5.22

I downloaded the latest version from (1.5.26):
http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/

And ran ./configure and make, copied the libtool script over to:
httpd-2.2.8/srclib/apr/ and httpd-2.2.8/srclib/apr-util/
and just ran "make" again and everything went fine this time, no more
of the error below.

I believe this should be noticed for the Apache folks that the
bundled libtool is not building correctly on HP-UX.

Regards,
Tamer

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Martin [mailto:Adam.Martin@infor.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 3:11 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Compiling Apache 2.2.8 under HP-UX 11i v2

Tamer,

I believe I am experiencing the same issue on HP-UX 11.31 and sent an
email to the group yesterday asking for help.  When I utilize the gcc
compiler I get the same error you do and when I utilize the HP ANSI C
compiler if receive a message:

ld: Can't find dependent library "libapr-1.so.2"

Hopefully someone will have a suggestion.  If I find anything I'll pass
it along.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tamer Embaby [mailto:Tamer.Embaby@itworx.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 5:15 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Compiling Apache 2.2.8 under HP-UX 11i v2

Hello all,

I'm trying to compile Apache 2.2.8 but failing with something that I
believe to be error on the generated "libtool" utility, or may be a
mistake from my side, but I'm not sure which.

Information about the system:
$ uname -a
HP-UX SPHINX B.11.23 U ia64 4017848671 unlimited-user license

$ gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: ia64-hp-hpux11.23
Configured with: ../gcc/configure
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.1.1

Apache 2.2.8 source from Apache.org

Configured with:
$ export CC="gcc"
$ export CFLAGS="-mlp64"
$ ./configure --prefix=/apps/apache2.2 --with-included-apr

Everything went fine so far (I can include the output of the command if
needed).

The error:
$ make
... Lots of output ...
        /usr/bin/posix/sh /home/te/httpd-2.2.8/srclib/apr/libtool
--silent --mode=link  gcc -pthread  -mlp64 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DHPUX11
-D_REENTRANT -D_HPUX_SOURCE
-I/home/te/httpd-2.2.8/srclib/apr-util/include
-I/home/te/httpd-2.2.8/srclib/apr-util/include/private
-I/home/te/httpd-2.2.8/srclib/apr/include
-I/home/te/httpd-2.2.8/srclib/apr-util/xml/expat/lib  -version-info
2:12:2    -o libaprutil-1.la -rpath /apps/apache2.2/lib
buckets/apr_brigade.lo buckets/apr_buckets.lo
buckets/apr_buckets_alloc.lo buckets/apr_buckets_eos.lo
buckets/apr_buckets_file.lo buckets/apr_buckets_flush.lo
buckets/apr_buckets_heap.lo buckets/apr_buckets_mmap.lo
buckets/apr_buckets_pipe.lo buckets/apr_buckets_pool.lo
buckets/apr_buckets_refcount.lo buckets/apr_buckets_simple.lo
buckets/apr_buckets_socket.lo crypto/apr_md4.lo crypto/apr_md5.lo
crypto/apr_sha1.lo crypto/getuuid.lo crypto/uuid.lo dbm/apr_dbm.lo
dbm/apr_dbm_berkeleydb.lo dbm/apr_dbm_gdbm.lo dbm/apr_dbm_ndbm.lo
dbm/apr_dbm_sdbm.lo dbm/sdbm/sdbm.lo dbm/sdbm/sdbm_hash.lo
dbm/sdbm/sdbm_lock.lo dbm/sdbm/sdbm_pair.lo encoding/apr_base64.lo
hooks/apr_hooks.lo ldap/apr_ldap_init.lo ldap/apr_ldap_option.lo
ldap/apr_ldap_url.lo misc/apr_date.lo misc/apr_queue.lo
misc/apr_reslist.lo misc/apr_rmm.lo misc/apu_version.lo uri/apr_uri.lo
xml/apr_xml.lo strmatch/apr_strmatch.lo xlate/xlate.lo dbd/apr_dbd.lo
dbd/apr_dbd_mysql.lo dbd/apr_dbd_pgsql.lo dbd/apr_dbd_sqlite2.lo
dbd/apr_dbd_sqlite3.lo   -lrt -lm  -lpthread
/home/te/httpd-2.2.8/srclib/apr-util/xml/expat/lib/libexpat.la
/home/te/httpd-2.2.8/srclib/apr/libapr-1.la -lrt -lm -lpthread
gcc: +b: No such file or directory
gcc:
/home/te/httpd-2.2.8/srclib/apr-util/xml/expat/lib/.libs:/home/te/httpd-
2.2.8/srclib/apr/.libs:/apps/apache2.2/lib: No such file or directory

I ran into "libtool" code and I think libtool script mistakenly passing
gcc the options: "+b ${libdir}" instead of "-Wl,+b -Wl,${libdir}".

Any ideas about if I'm missing something in my configuration? Or
how to fix this issue?

Regards,
Tamer

---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server
Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org


---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org


---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org


Mime
View raw message