httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris <atst...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] ldap/ AD user authentication error
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 04:06:15 GMT
I am trying to get Apache 2.2.4 on OpenSUSE 10.3 working with Active
Directory (AD) LDAP authentication for users. But everytime I try to
login I get a 403 error. I have ldap_module and authnz_ldap_module
enabled. And I am trying over both HTTP and HTTPS but the password
prompt comes back asking for user name & password again and again. I
did a tcpdump and can see packets going to the AD end but nothing is
coming back.

I have put AllowOverride All in /etc/apache2/default-server.conf and
also on /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/vhost-myserver-ssl.conf

Here's my /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/vhost-myserver-ssl.conf &
/etc/apache2/vhosts.d/vhost-myserver.conf

<Directory "/srv/www/htdocs/myserver/secret">
   AllowOverride All
   Options Indexes
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
   AuthUserFile /srv/www/htdocs/myserver/secret/.htaccess
</Directory>

Here's my /path/to/.htaccess

AuthName "Test"
AuthType Basic
AuthLDAPURL ldap://ad.myorg.org:389/ou=staff,ou=mkt,ou=locations,dc=myorg,dc=org
AuthBasicProvider ldap
AuthzLDAPAuthoritative off
require valid-user

Could anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Any help would be much
appreciated. Thanks.