httpd-users mailing list archives

From Vladimir Vanuukov <vladat...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Using ExtFilterDefine to filter the output of a CGI command (Apache 2.2)
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 20:48:19 GMT
Hi, I can't seem to figure out how to get a filter defined by
ExtFilterDefine to filter the output of a cgi program (in this case
CGIProxy). I've been hitting my head against a brick wall for a day now
and i still can't get this to work.

I define the filter using
/ExtFilterDefine vlads mode=output cmd="/bin/sed
s/some_text/some_other_text/g"/

Which appears at the very top of a site config file. Then inside of a
<VirtualHost *> i have
/SetOutputFilter vlads/

I then define the cgi-bin using
/   Alias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
    <Directory /usr/lib/cgi-bin>
       SetOutputFilter vlads
        AllowOverride None
        SetHandler cgi-script
        Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch +Indexes
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>
/
When i go to any other page on this site the filter works, however the
output of the cgi scripts (CGProxy) goes through unfiltered. Any help
would be great
There is nothing in the error log and nothign special in the access log
either.
Thanks