httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Eggen" <jeg...@sgi.sk.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] AuthzLDAPAuthoritative and "no authoritative handler" problems
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 15:05:49 GMT
>>> "Eric Covener" <covener@gmail.com> 2/26/2008 8:59 AM >>>
>When you define AuthLDAPURL in an AuthnProviderAlias,  you also need
>to explicitly define the AuthLDAPUrl in any context where you use LDAP
>authorization (emphasis on authn vs authz)

>mod_authnz_ldap probably bailed out of authorization pretty quicklty
>when it didn't see an AuthLDAPUrl defined.

That's what I get for trying mod_authn_alias.

As per your suggestion, I removed <AuthnProviderAlias> section and added the AuthLDAPURL
section back to my individual directory sections, and it works like a charm.

Thanks very much!

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the named addressee,
please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake
and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified
that using, disclosing, copying or distributing the contents of this information is strictly
prohibited.