httpd-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Ritchie <pritc...@videotron.ca>
Subject [users@httpd] Problem with '$123' in url, mod_rewrite or apache bug?
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2008 16:47:32 GMT
Hi,

This pastie best expresses the problem I am encountering:

http://apache.pastebin.ca/913221

For some reason a url like 'http://my.sever.com/viewFullItem$123'

Is having the '$1' removed before I get a chance to process it. Now $1
looks to me like a regex back reference, but I'm not sure if it's being
stripped by mod_rewrite or a security feature of apache itself. I
checked the RFC and '$' seems to be a safe character in HTTP.

The really odd thing is that I am getting the same results in my access
log even if RewriteEngine is turned off, which leads me to suspect that
the problem may be with the core server and not mod_rewrite.

Ideally I would just change the URL format to something not using a $,
but it's a legacy url from the app that used to run on my domain, and I
would like to redirect these urls to my legacy server.

Any ideas?

Cheers!
Patrick