httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike - W0TMW <mi...@crucis.net>
Subject [users@httpd] HTTPD won't start. Fails with error message.
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 23:19:43 GMT
I'm building a server based on Fedora 7 and httpd won't start.  I'm
running out of space on another server and this one is intended as a
replacement.  I've looked through the archives, FAQs and while this
issue is mentioned, that's all I can find---a mention with no help for
resolution.

The error is:

Starting httpd: (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to
address 192.168.1.300:80 No listening sockets available, shutting down.
Unable to open logs              [Failed]

I have another webserver that works just fine.  The log directory have
identical owners/groups permissions so there shouldn't a permissions
problem for the logfiles.  Plus the httpd.conf is identical. One works
the other servers doesn't.

Could anyone point me towards resolving this?

Mike W

--
"Lose not thy airspeed lest the ground rises up and smites thee." - Anon.