httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ekkehard 'Ekki' Gehm <g...@physik.tu-berlin.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_proxy question
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 21:54:31 GMT
Ekkehard 'Ekki' Gehm schrieb:
> Joshua Slive schrieb:
>> On Feb 11, 2008 3:12 PM, Ekkehard 'Ekki' Gehm
>> <gehm@physik.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everybody!
>>>
>>> Maybe someone can help me with this issue. We do have a strange
>>> setup of
>>> different webservers here, and I want to have the main one proxying the
>>> content of the otherone exept of a few dirs.
>>> So my setup is:

>>> ProxyPass /pcpool !
>>> ProxyPass / http://www.physics.tu-berlin.de/
>>>
>>> That all works fine. But when i add a line
>>> ProxyPass   ^/~([^/]+)/?(.*) !
>>>
>>> It won't serve the userdirs locally. Could someone tell me how to leave
>>> the public_html files untouched by the Proxy Module? I also tried it
>>> with Rewrite Rules....
>>>

>> You can't use a regex in ProxyPass. You can do it with mod_rewrite or
>> you can do it with ProxyPassMatch, assuming you are using 2.2.5 or
>> later.
>>
>> Of course, the regex you have written is almost exactly equivalent to
>> ProxyPass /~ !
>> So just using that would be the simplest solution.
>>
>> Remember that exceptions need to be written BEFORE the main ProxyPass
>> directives.

> Ah that explains a lot. But: Even when I exclude a certain /~user it
> doesn't work. Is it a Problem with the ~ or is it maybe a Problem with
> the userdir_module? Because I get the 404 from the other webserver.
>
> Ekki

I did it with ProxyPassMatch And now it works....

THXs

--
Ekkehard Gehm           *       mailto:gehm@physik.tu-berlin.de
TU Berlin Fakult├Ąt II   *       http://www.physik.tu-berlin.de

Experience is what you get when you were expecting something else.

Microsoft:      "Where do you want to go today?"
Linux:          "Where do you want to go tomorrow?"
FreeBSD:        "Are you guys coming or what?"