httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ekkehard 'Ekki' Gehm <g...@physik.tu-berlin.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_proxy question
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 21:03:55 GMT
Joshua Slive schrieb:
> On Feb 11, 2008 3:12 PM, Ekkehard 'Ekki' Gehm <gehm@physik.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi everybody!
>>
>> Maybe someone can help me with this issue. We do have a strange setup of
>> different webservers here, and I want to have the main one proxying the
>> content of the otherone exept of a few dirs.
>> So my setup is:

>> ProxyPass /pcpool !
>> ProxyPass / http://www.physics.tu-berlin.de/
>>
>> That all works fine. But when i add a line
>> ProxyPass   ^/~([^/]+)/?(.*) !
>>
>> It won't serve the userdirs locally. Could someone tell me how to leave
>> the public_html files untouched by the Proxy Module? I also tried it
>> with Rewrite Rules....
>>

> You can't use a regex in ProxyPass. You can do it with mod_rewrite or
> you can do it with ProxyPassMatch, assuming you are using 2.2.5 or
> later.
>
> Of course, the regex you have written is almost exactly equivalent to
> ProxyPass /~ !
> So just using that would be the simplest solution.
>
> Remember that exceptions need to be written BEFORE the main ProxyPass
> directives.

Ah that explains a lot. But: Even when I exclude a certain /~user it
doesn't work. Is it a Problem with the ~ or is it maybe a Problem with
the userdir_module? Because I get the 404 from the other webserver.

Ekki

--
Ekkehard Gehm           *       mailto:gehm@physik.tu-berlin.de
TU Berlin Fakult├Ąt II   *       http://www.physik.tu-berlin.de

Experience is what you get when you were expecting something else.

Microsoft:      "Where do you want to go today?"
Linux:          "Where do you want to go tomorrow?"
FreeBSD:        "Are you guys coming or what?"