httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Mark <jonathansam...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Redirecting on a port other than 80 isn't working
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2008 16:12:32 GMT
The reason my setup wasn't working is that in order for httpd.conf to respond to port xxxx
requests it has to be listening on port xxxx. Thus I would have needed to use the Listen 9080
command in order to respond to 9080 requests.

However, there is a second problem. Google is currently sending some people to URL1:9080.
I want to redirect requests from URL1:9080 to URL2:80. URL2 is itself redirected to port 9080.

But that would be impossible. Since port 9080 is already in use and being served up by a non-Apache
server, Apache cannot listen on that port. Rather, I need to move the non-Apache server to
a new port other than 9080. Only then could Apache listen on 9080 and reroute incoming requests
the new port.