httpd-users mailing list archives

From john frey <j...@aargh.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] bandwidth limiting
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 05:38:27 GMT
On Thursday 14 February 2008 8:24:03 am john frey wrote:
> I've just started hosting some files for a Gnu/Linux project and my
> upstream bandwidth is saturated.  How can I limit upstream bandwidth in
> Apache web server?
>
> I think it's my upstream bandwidth.  Suddenly after posting the link for
> the files my internet access is very slow.

well John, after doing extensive research I conclude that what you really want
is a solution on your firewall/router.

There are apache mods for what you want but they are: not
maintained/deprecated/incompatible with your version of apache http/alpha or
beta.

The best solution is QoS at the gateway to your internet.

In your case (since I am intimately acquainted with your network setup) I
suggest a QoS mod to your firewall is the solution you are looking for.

Good luck:)