httpd-users mailing list archives

From Stefano Sabatini <stefano.sabatini-l...@poste.it>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: mod_userdir and "."
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 16:14:11 GMT
On date Thursday 2008-02-07 16:52:32 +0100, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> Hi to all apache users,
>
> this is my first post here, so many greetings and thanks for this
> wonderful community effort.
>
> I'm using apache2 on a Debian machine, and I need to test some PHP
> script.
>
> In order to do so, I'm using the userdir module, then I use a pattern
> of the kind:
> http://localhost/~<username>/<path>
>
> where <path> is a path relative to the directory specified in the
> userdir.conf file.
>
> Actually my userdir.conf contains:
> <IfModule mod_userdir.c>
>         UserDir public_html var/www
>         UserDir disabled root
>
>         <Directory /home/*/public_html>
>                 AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
>                 Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
>         </Directory>
> </IfModule>
>
> I would like to be able to specify an url like this
> http://localhost/~<username>/<path>
>
> where <path> corresponds exactly to the resource
> /home/<user/<path>
>
> so I tried to specify the argument for UserDir like ., "", ./ but
> they aren't recognized.
>
> Documentation for mod_userdir:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_userdir.html
>
> it's not clear about it, so I can't without to grok the source to say
> how can I set as the userdir the home of the user.
>
> Do you know if this is possible at all? Maybe with a patch?

More information after some debugging: the thing seems to work fine if
I specify:
UserDir ./

so it seems that UserDir takes just one argument (maybe this also
depends on the options specified?).

Anyway the tutorial mentions the use of many arguments for the UserDir
param:

|It is also possible to specify alternative user directories. If you use a command like:
|
|Userdir public_html /usr/web http://www.foo.com/

so I thought that:
Userdir public_html /var/www ./

would have just worked.