httpd-users mailing list archives

From Stefano Sabatini <stefano.sabatini-l...@poste.it>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_userdir and "."
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 15:52:32 GMT
Hi to all apache users,

this is my first post here, so many greetings and thanks for this
wonderful community effort.

I'm using apache2 on a Debian machine, and I need to test some PHP
script.

In order to do so, I'm using the userdir module, then I use a pattern
of the kind:
http://localhost/~<username>/<path>

where <path> is a path relative to the directory specified in the
userdir.conf file.

Actually my userdir.conf contains:
<IfModule mod_userdir.c>
        UserDir public_html var/www
        UserDir disabled root

        <Directory /home/*/public_html>
                AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
                Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
        </Directory>
</IfModule>

I would like to be able to specify an url like this
http://localhost/~<username>/<path>

where <path> corresponds exactly to the resource
/home/<user/<path>

so I tried to specify the argument for UserDir like ., "", ./ but
they aren't recognized.

Documentation for mod_userdir:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_userdir.html

it's not clear about it, so I can't without to grok the source to say
how can I set as the userdir the home of the user.

Do you know if this is possible at all? Maybe with a patch?

Best regards, and many thanks in advance.
--
Stefano Sabatini
Linux user number 337176 (see http://counter.li.org)