httpd-users mailing list archives

From "J. Peng" <peng....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_deflate's problems
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 09:24:43 GMT
On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 5:14 PM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas
<uhlar@fantomas.sk> wrote:
> On 29.02.08 11:44, J. Peng wrote:
>  > I talk nothing about cache.
>  > if mod_deflate didn't compress a file, why it still send a Vary header?
>  > This is what I'm always talking about.
>
>  you were advised to read HTTP specificationm (rfc 2616), did you?

Hmm! did you see my questions again?
I was saying if mod_deflate didn't compress a file, it shouldn't send
a Vary header.
Don't tell me the so called standard, why mod_deflate always send a
Vary header when it doesn't compress that file?
Anyway I resolved this problem by using my way, otherwise ie6 with
http/1.0 enabled can't work with the case.
You may suggest MS to read that so called RFC. go ahead guy!