httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Eric Covener" <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] modifying header in request
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 23:32:43 GMT
On Feb 4, 2008 3:14 PM, Cenk Oguz <cenk@bredband.net> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am currently trying to add the REMOTE_USER environment variable into a response header
or forward header (using mod_jk).

> However we also need to strip the first few characters of the REMOTE_USER when adding
it to the header.

> We are adding the header to the request response using mod_headers, however in apache
2.0 mod_headers does not support modifying a header using the "edit" action with regexps.

Can you use a rewritecond to capture what you want, drop it in a new
envvar [E=FOO:BAR], then use mod_headers to set the response header
from your the new envvar?

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com