httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andre Hübner <Andre.Hueb...@gmx.de>
Subject [users@httpd] SSI resolve IP to hostname
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 08:35:43 GMT
Suse 10.1  Apache 2.2.8

Hello List,

i have just a little problem with name resolution using SSI. Customer of me is using <!--#echo
var="REMOTE_ADDR"-->   and <!--#echo var="REMOTE_HOST"--> to show IP and Hostname
of Client.
It works without any error, I tried with different ISP. Customer says that his IP could not
resolved to hostname and this field stays empty.
I cannot reproduce this without his IP and i dont want to visit him at home ;)
With little PHP and gethostbyaddr or even on console using host i can resolve his IP to his
hostename.
Is there a explaination why SSI could fail or is he just kidding me?
>From my side i di not see any errors or mistakes.

Thank you
Andre