httpd-users mailing list archives

From KOZMAN Bálint <...@ultramarin.hu>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_proxy and keepalive question
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2008 15:44:41 GMT

Hi there,

I'm experiencing a different behaviour of apache 2.2's mod_proxy compared to
the one in 2.0. From my point of view the main difference is that 2.0 mod_proxy
does not send the "Connection" request header to the backend, while 2.2
mod_proxy always sends "Connection: Close" regardles whether the backend
connection goes through http or https.
The question is if it's possible to use persistent connections from 2.2
mod_proxy to the backend (and thus force mod_proxy to send "keep-alive" in the
Connection header)?

Any help would highly be appreciated, thanks,
Balint